Here you will find on below some of the Memorial Day 2014 Pics, HD Wallpapers, Images, Pictures, Photos Wishes From Kids Wishes On Facebook Craft Ideas Sayings in English language. You can select Best Happy Memorial Day 2014 Quotes and Sayings from those Great Collections. Share these Memorial Day 2014 Quotes from best friends, kids, school childrens. You can also use these Memorial Day 2014 HD Wallpapers on PC, Laptop, iPhone, Android Phone, Mobile SMS, Whatsapp Status, Facebook Status, or some other Social Networking sites. Memorial Day 2014 Pics, HD Wallpapers, Images, Pictures, Photos Wishes.
Memorial Day 2014 Pics, Images, Pictures, Photos Greetings Wishes
Patriotic Americans should take a moment from their day of celebration and leisure to reflect on the brave sacrifices of those who have given their lives for this great nation. Get inspired by the following 25 Glorious Memorial Day Quotes, which celebrate American heroes, as well as the values that make this country worth fighting for.
Here is a collection of some of the most famous Memorial Day 2014 Greetings Wishes Quotes and Sayings:
• War is too serious a matter to entrust to military men. -Georges ClemenceauMemorial Day 2014 Pics, Images, Pictures, Photos Greetings Wishes
• Freedom of speech and freedom of action are meaningless without freedom to think. And there is no freedom of thought without doubt. -Bergen Evans
• Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue. -Senator Barry Goldwater
• Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. -William PittMemorial Day 2014 Pics, Images, Pictures, Photos Greetings Wishes
• Chance has never yet satisfied the hope of a suffering people. Action, self-reliance, the vision of self and the future have been the only means by which the oppressed have seen and realized the light of their own freedom. -Marcus Garvey
• In war, there is no prize for the runner-up. -General Omar BradleyMemorial Day 2014 Pics, Images, Pictures, Photos Greetings Wishes
• So long as there are men there will be wars. -Albert Einstein
• I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. -Albert Einstein
• The cost of liberty is less than the cost of repression. -Web DuboisMemorial Day 2014 Pics, Images, Pictures, Photos Greetings Wishes
• The purpose of all war is ultimately peace. -Saint Augustine
• And I'm proud to be an American, where at least I know I'm free, and I won't forget the men who died, who gave that right to me and I'll proudly stand next to him to defend her still today, 'cuz there ain't no doubt I love this land, god bless the USA. -Lee Greenwood
• Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty. -John F. KennedyMemorial Day 2014 Pics, Images, Pictures, Photos Greetings Wishes
• Future years will never know the seething hell and the black infernal background, the countless minor scenes and interiors of the secession war; and it is best they should not. The real war will never get in the books. -Walt Whitman
• As I approach the gates of heaven;Memorial Day 2014 Pics, Images, Pictures, Photos Greetings Wishes
St. Peter I will tell;
One more soldier reporting sir;
I've served my time in hell. -Mark Anthony Gresswell
• The story of America's quest for freedom is inscribed on her history in the blood of her patriots. -Randy Vader
• The dead soldier's silence sings our national anthem. -Rev. Aaron KilbournMemorial Day 2014 Pics, Images, Pictures, Photos Greetings Wishes
• When we say "War is over if you want it," we mean that if everyone demanded peace instead of another TV set, we'd have peace. -John Lennon
• Peace is more important than all justice; and peace was not made for the sake of justice, but justice for the sake of peace. -Martin LutherMemorial Day 2014 Pics, Images, Pictures, Photos Greetings Wishes
• I think that, as life is action and passion, it is required of a man that he should share the passion and action of his time at peril of being judged not to have lived. -Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.
• Soldier, rest! Thy warfare o'er,
Sleep the sleep that knows not breaking,
Dream of battled fields no more.
Days of danger, nights of waking. -Sir Walter Scott
• The greatest glory of a free-born people is to transmit that freedom to their children. -William Havard
Memorial Day Wiki, Trivia, History
Memorial Day is a US federal holiday wherein the men and women who died while serving in the United States Armed Forces are remembered. The holiday, which is celebrated every year on the final Monday of May, was formerly known as Decoration Day and originated after the American Civil War to commemorate the Union and Confederate soldiers who died in the Civil War. By the 20th century, Memorial Day had been extended to honor all Americans who have died while in the military service. It typically marks the start of the summer vacation season, while Labor Day marks its end. Memorial Day 2014 Pics, Images, Pictures, Photos Greetings Wishes
Many people visit cemeteries and memorials, particularly to honor those who have died in military service. Many volunteers place an American flag on each grave in national cemeteries.
Annual Decoration Days for particular cemeteries are held on a Sunday in late spring or early summer in some rural areas of the American South, notably in the mountains. In cases involving a family graveyard where remote ancestors as well as those who were deceased more recently are buried, this may take on the character of an extended family reunion to which some people travel hundreds of miles. People gather on the designated day and put flowers on graves and renew contacts with kinfolk and others. There often is a religious service and a "dinner on the ground," the traditional term for a potluck meal in which people used to spread the dishes out on sheets or tablecloths on the grass. It is believed that this practice began before the American Civil War and thus may reflect the real origin of the "memorial day" idea. Memorial Day 2014 Pics, Images, Pictures, Photos Greetings Wishes
Memorial Day is not to be confused with Veterans Day; Memorial Day is a day of remembering the men and women who died while serving, while Veterans Day celebrates the service of all U.S. military veterans.
Memorial Day Holiday History
The practice of decorating soldiers' graves with flowers is an ancient custom.Soldiers' graves were decorated in the U.S. before and during the American Civil War. A claim was made in 1906 that the first Civil War soldier's grave ever decorated was in Warrenton, Virginia, on June 3, 1861, implying the first Memorial Day occurred there.Though not for Union soldiers, there is authentic documentation that women in Savannah, Georgia, decorated Confederate soldiers' graves in 1862. In 1863, the cemetery dedication at Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, was a ceremony of commemoration at the graves of dead soldiers. Local historians in Boalsburg, Pennsylvania, claim that ladies there decorated soldiers' graves on July 4, 1864. As a result, Boalsburg promotes itself as the birthplace of Memorial Day. Memorial Day 2014 Pics, Images, Pictures, Photos Greetings Wishes
Following President Abraham Lincoln's assassination in April 1865, there were a variety of events of commemoration. The sheer number of soldiers of both sides who died in the Civil War, more than 600,000, meant that burial and memorialization took on new cultural significance. Under the leadership of women during the war, an increasingly formal practice of decorating graves had taken shape. In 1865, the federal government began creating national military cemeteries for the Union war dead. 101+ Fresh Memorial Day 2014 Pics, Images, Pictures, Photos Greetings Wishes
We hope that you like our Best Free Collections of 101+ Fresh Memorial Day 2014 Pics, Images, Pictures, Photos Greetings Wishes. Stay connected with our Site for get more interesting and awsome amazing stuffs on Happy Mothers Day 2014. Dont forget to share these collections with your Online friends, Buddies on Google Plus, Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Stumbleupon, Pinterest, MySpace, Tumbler, Reddit etc by using given Share button on last of the post. Happy Memorial Day 2014